We are looking for academic, research, or political essays that are similar in style to "Radical Presentism" from Tin House's Faith issue (click on the link for hte full essay). As in the other genres, stray from the stereotypes and cliché.
- 5,000 words maximum
- Do NOT put your name on the manuscript (works are anonymously judged)
- Double-space your document and use Time New Roman size 12 font
- Include word count on the first page
- Include the title on the manuscript
- Include a brief writer's statement that says something substantive about the work
- Attach submission as .doc or .docx files
- Do not submit more than 2 works per literary genre
- Edit carefully for grammar and spelling
Tips for Success:
- Make sure your submission is not a draft. Has anyone else read it? Has it been workshopped and have you received feedback you've used to revise it? No work should be submitted that has not been thoroughly revised.
- Has the work been edited carefully? If you need help with grammar, consider going to the Writing Center.
- Does your work meet all the submission guidelines?