Works of creative non-fiction should be real life stories, not fiction,
and not academic or research essays. The paper you wrote in your English
102 class is not a work of creative non-fiction.
should use the elements of fiction to draw in readers and paint a vivid
picture of a real life event. As in the other genres, stray from the
stereotypes and cliché. Make us cry; make us laugh; make us want to
learn more about the story you tell.
No erotica or disparaging works. Specific Guidelines (please follow or your work will not be considered):
- Do NOT put your name on the manuscript (works are anonymously judged)
- Double-space your document and use Time New Roman size 12 font
- Include word count on the first page
- Include the title on the manuscript
- Include a brief writer's statement that says something substantive about the work
- Attach submission as .doc or .docx files
- Do not submit more than 2 works per literary genre
- Edit carefully for grammar and spelling